Disability Education Association of NSW/ACT (DEAN) is a professional association established to represent the interests of staff and students in the post-secondary sector. DEAN provides members with opportunities for cross-sectoral collaboration, a forum for professional development and networking, collection & dissemination of information, one voice to promote political and social aspects of the unique and collective interests of all the constituents, and promoting the enhancement of access to education for people with disabilities.
- voting rights and the right to stand for office;
- access to an email list server for practitioners;
- information gathering and dissemination;
- discounts on PD Days and forums ($50 instead of $70);
- access to the Members only area section on the website (login required) containing PD Day presentations, handouts, resources, and much more.
For further information please visit the DEAN Membership.
We would also like to remind you all that you will need to renew your DEAN membership for each calendar year.
Membership of DEAN is open to anyone employed in a NSW/ACT TAFE or University, whose role is wholly or partly concerned with the provision of disability support and services. Non-DEAN members and other interested professionals outside the tertiary education sector are, however, still very welcome to attend PD Days. You can now join DEAN for $50 per year, to receive the discounted registration rate for PD days, access to the member's only area of the DEAN website and many other benefits. For more info, go to: DEAN Membership
We look forward to seeing you at our next PD Day. Please visit the site for further information about this day.